Friday, September 09, 2005

A Headline To Insult Everyone

Katrina refugees get hundreds of millions of dollars in handouts AFP

Now, there are at least two Reverends that I can think of, who are choking on their lobster bisque as we speak. Refugees? Didn't the world press make that an official no-no in response to the offense taken from the use of such a word? I mean, I'M not even using refugees, and yes I think it's silly but even mad dogs and Marines can mellow in the face of such tragedy.

But the topper for those of us sane, and me, is the "handout" remark. These are my brothers and sisters in peril, and dammit, Americans don't take handouts. I know, I know, that's not true but how fucking dare this lameass wire service insult us. Only WE'RE allowed to insult us. What's next? "Less Niggers Died Than First Thought So Bush Administration Hopes For More Hurricanes"?

No comments: