Thursday, November 02, 2006

Woody Signs Off

Christ on a crutch, but what's up with that? I regularly read maybe 10 or so web logs, and one of the favored few has to go and pull the pin. Berift of hubris, Woody offered reason in a sphere sorely lacking class and honor, and now he's gone.

I hate when that happens. Absolute unadulterated crapfests like Box O' Truth, Whizbang, and a scazillion others flourish while an upright man feels unappreciated and moves on. You weren't preached to there, nor were attempts made to turn every last scinitilla of "news" into something Christian-like defenders of the faith should rise in angst to thwart lest someone wasn't getting the hint that they were god-fearing enough. That is one of the things that truly bugs me about conservative blogdom. The never ending and blatent bombardment of religious beliefs with no nod given to the retirement true faith calls for in order to return any degree of plausability or integrity. There are many blogs I've stopped frequenting because a deity or deities were shoved down my throat, an embarassment of sermonizing to wade through in search of the meat and potatoes.

I don't care who you kneel to. Nobody should. The world is once again being put to the torch because of nonsensical ravings, and it pisses me off that one of the few places I could venture towards and leave with my bile intact is bygone.

No comments: