Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jeanne Assam Stopped Gunman At New Life Church


"Jeanne Assam appeared before the news media for the first time Monday and said she "did not think for a minute to run away" when a gunman entered the New Life Church in Colorado Springs and started shooting.

There was applause as Assam spoke to reporters and TV cameras saying, "God guided me and protected me."

Assam described how the gunman, Matthew Murray, entered the east entrance of the church firing his rifle.

Click to read more about the shootings in Colorado Springs and Arvada.

"There was chaos," Assam said, as parishioners ran away, "I will never forget the gunshots. They were so loud.""I saw him coming through the doors" and took cover, Assam said. "I came out of cover and identified myself and engaged him and took him down."

"God was with me," Assam said. "I didn't think for a minute to run away."

Assam said she believes God gave her the strength to confront Murray, keeping her calm and focused even though he appeared to be twice her size and was more heavily armed.Murray was carrying two handguns, an assault rifle and over 1,000 rounds of ammunition, said Sgt. Jeff Johnson of the Colorado Springs Police Department.

"It seemed like it was me, the gunman and God," she said."

This is why its difficult for me to read the gun boards as chairborne commandos went on a tizzy explaining how going up against a AK or SKS is suicide with only a pistol, or pay attention to idiots like Clint Smith who avow that a handgun is only something you use to fight your way to your rifle. Worse even, than the Yellowstream Media...aided and abetted by law enforcement...describing anything more powerful than a BB-Gun as an assault rifle, because neither of THEM knows the difference, but WE should have far more knowledge and common sense.

No, I don't know what handgun she used but if you do then clue us all in.

No comments: