Sunday, January 14, 2007

Fist Fire

Fist Fire. No longer necessary to attend a circus or rodeo, when you can practice and learn the FIST FIRE method for yourself.

Thanks to Hyunch for providing the link to Tactical Shooting: I need to look into this before commenting further. Not that anything I have to say is a big deal, but it is my joint and it behoove me to vet what I post. When possible. Not like I'll be taking lessons from him anytime soon, but before I declare it to be just another boondoggle I want to check him out. Trick shooters are a dime a dozen and what this has to do with self-defense I'd like to know. Regardless, I don't think I'll be trading my Expert paraphanalia from the Corps in anytime soon for a colored shield.

"In FIST-FIRE, we reward our student’s achievement with “Shield Colors” much like the Martial Arts award “Belt Color” rankings. So, if you see a student with a colored Shield, the color of the shield indicates his or her background level in the system.

These colors are awarded based upon knowledge of the system as well as actual shooting performance during shield testing."

Gold Shield = Grand Master
Silver Shield = Master
Bronze Shield = Expert
Red Shield = Sharp Shooter
Green Shield = Marksman
Blue Shield = Novice
Plain Shield = Student


No comments: