Friday, February 10, 2006

Handloads

Am thinking of reloading so email me to talk me out of it. Not so much reloading as just rolling my own. With my .357, 125 grain bullets impact low, 170 grainers high, and 158's just about right on the money out to 25 yards unless I use the Double-Tap or Buffalo Bore super rounds and they make holes a tad high. Now that's cool if all I want to plink with, or save for bad guys happens to be the 158 gold dots etc, but part of the reason for owning a .357 is the diversity of rounds that it can consume so I like fussing with lots of different loads. And since the gun is a 3-incher with fixed sights that means aiming high or low and for once I'd like to take out a potpouri of various weights and just go for dead center.

So it's handloads to the rescue. If I want to go for the expense of machinery and the rigamorole of powders and bullets and primers. Another one of those longterm deals. Invest now and reap later. And make some accurate bullets of many different weights for not only the magnum but other calibers as well. A lot of it is Speer's fault because they sell their self-defense bullets...which are one of the best...to anyone. Not like Winchester and Remington. Winchester stamps LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY on some of it's offerings because they believe that only cops should have the best ammo. Remington simply believes that home-loaders are just too dumb to mess with their classy Golden Sabers.

Anyhoot, I'm thinking about reloading.

No comments: