Friday, May 05, 2006

When You Don't Really Want To Just Shoot The Silly Bastard...

This stuff has been gaining popularity, especially in law enforcement circles. If someone bigger, badder and/or insaner wants to shit in my messkit and I get my ass whooped that's one thing. I wouldn't use gel or any weapon on an unarmed man, but if he HAD a weapon, then I'm simply going to draw and shoot the simple fuck.

Then there's the animal-attack scenario. 140 pound doberman feels the need to munch on my gear and a kick doesn't convince him to seek sustenance elsewhere, then sorry poochie, but it's a lead doggie treat for your rabid ass.

6 comments:

Lemuel Calhoon said...

Mace brand is to a real pepper spray like Fox Labs or Punch as a .38 spl 148 gr HBWC is to a Corbon 125 gr .357 Sig.

Except that a wadcutter through the brain will put down any attacker while Mace will most likely just annoy any attacker with more fortitude than Woody Allen.

BTY, how do you figure that we owe a fair fight to a goblin.

Fits said...

Copy that. I've used some potent ass shit to quiet down less than agreeable folks in my day, and there's nothing more disconcerting than someone licking their chops afer a good dose and grinning like a fool for more.

It's the dog thing that I almost agree with, but if some lame ass lets an unfriendly large pooch run loose then all bets are off. I honestly don't think Lisa could shoot a dog, or lets put it this way; she'd rather try spraying it off, and lots of folks feel that way. Like I said, though. If I can't kick it away from me then it's draw and fire time. Case closed.

Joubert said...

PCP and meth is another story I agree. Worse than a mad dog. Shoot it.

Fits said...

Copy X 2

Lemuel Calhoon said...

The nice thing about pepper spray is that it does not depend on pain to stop someone.

Fits said...

The body's natural reaction is to tear-up and squinch things down when capsicum is in the air, and personally I deplore the shit. These aging eyes water too easily as it is and I can't imagine being peppered. Been some time since I even saw it used, but the stuff we had was pretty convincing. The FBI says it works on 85% of the population but I know damned well it'd work on me.