Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Live And Let Die




Having never missed a theatrical release of a Bond film, I'm torn between continuing a 44 year old tradition, or tossing in the towel ala enough-is-enough.

I raised the obligatory eyebrow every time a change was deemed in order. Bond is too gadgety, Bond isn't gadgety enough, Bond is too cruel, Bond is too feminine, Bond doesn't save the world enough, Bond saves the world too much, the Bond-Girl is too dumb, the Bond-Girl is too smart. Whenever a dull script featuring a lifeless actor was chaperoned by a clueless director it was TIME FOR A CHANGE in what made Bond, Bond.

And now, the yellowstream media is hyping Daniel Craig in such fluff posts as Bond: Behind the scenes, so my work is cut out for me and the end is soon nigh. Craig looks simply awful as 007, and every trailor I've watched is worse than the one before. I've prided myself in the Always-Faithful deal, and have never been what anyone would consider a fair weather friend.

But I think I'll sit this one out. The loons used to hate Bond. Now they can't get enough of him. So okay, they won the House, but not THIS house. Old Jimmy B will have to go this round without me.

No comments: