Sunday, March 04, 2007

At The Firing Line

Looks new.

This? Yes, trying it out for the first time. Carry a Glock 40 all day and needed something else for off-duty.

That's a SIG, right?

Yeah. SIG 40. Tell the truth it feels funky in my hand but you can't beat the style.

90 rounds (of mine) later

25 yards is really too far to hit anything with a handgun, but I didn't too that bad. What's it look to you, something like 6" across maybe?

Little over that but close. Where's your other target?

Didn't use another one, took my time with the new gun. Hands are all pins and needles too so I'm glad I didn't shoot more than a couple clips. What's that you got?

G-23. Just shooting off some older stuff. What's your duty ammunition?

Golden Dots. Wicked ass shit, too. Those are the shells they used to call Talons before they hadda stop making them because doctors were cutting their fingertips off in the operating rooms when they dug them out. These are a little less of a buzzsaw but the street reports are good.

Sounds like one badass round.

Yeah. Law Enforcement only or I'd hook you up. Get caught with these babies and you'd lose your license.

Good thing you told me. So what's the verdict, keeping the SIG?

Oh shit yes. Now that I know it can handle LEO-only shells this is my nightstand gun for sure. Maybe a few spare clips and I'm good to go. It froze up on me a few times but thats not what I'm concerned about. Get hit with one from this and it's all over.

Makes me feel lucky I'm not one of the bad guys.

Ha. Fuck me, I thought you had your target out at 25, too. Didn't think a handgun was worth dick that far but those are good groups. Match ammo?

Old Federal HST's, but the gun is long broken in and I'm used to it. This IS the same pistol you guys use, isn't it? G-23, in .40 S&W?

No way. Ours are special made and have the LEO-only hi-speed clips. They were talking about Smith & Wessons but the Sheriff said they were too expensive. It does look like ours but like I said, we use Glock 40's. Anyway I gotta go, see you around.

Sure thing.

Click For Pic

No comments: