Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ted Kennedy: Shovel-Ready

"God bless him, but ol’ Teddy was the life of the party, even if he was also the death of partygoers. Hey, did you folks hear this one yet?

Q. What’s the difference between Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan?
A. As a young man Ronnie saved girls from drowning
Oh, I got a million of ‘em, folks. I just swam in from Chappaquiddick, and boy, are my arms tired.

I tell, ya, Ted Kennedy gets no respect, no respect at all. Why, when Ted Kennedy came out in favor of abortion, his own mother said, “Oh, now he tells me!” . . .

Seriously, folks, appropriate tributes to Ted Kennedy’s legacy are a bipartisan obligation. As a matter of fact, the Republican National Committee is now raising money to fund the Edward M. Kennedy Memorial on the national mall in Washington. A leading sculptor has already been commissioned to create a monumental statue of an inverted Oldsmobile . . .

Click the headline link for the full magilla.

No comments: