Saturday, June 10, 2006

Time is going by in a strange way as I recuperate from last months stumble, and for some reason today feels like Sunday. That's what happens when you don't get out much, I guess. One of the things I miss is driving those big old buses. I'm not going back to them, as someone has made me an offer to work at a retirement community, and I'm going to take it. The folks I was associated with turned out to be real scumdogs, leaving me ridiculous voice mail while I was in the hospital then getting all upset because I needed to take the time off. The work was quite pleasurable but I wouldn't go back there for Commandants pay and Chaplains liberty. There has to be a certain level of humanity to intice me to pitch in, and they remain completely devoid of any trace of it.

The retirement community sits upon over 100 acres of land, and I can spend my time moving the oldsters out and about without the hassles of driving into the more disreputable parts of Gainesville and having to physically remove undesireables from the bus, as well as other noxious chores. The city, hospital, and vets administration drivers did what I am told a lot of people sharing this profession are lured into. Transporting more than passengers is something I wouldn't have a taste for, and even associating with some of them left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sweet moses on a pogo but nothings on TV this afternoon so I'll crack open a book.

No comments: