Friday, November 10, 2006

I Lied

I know I promised no more election news, but the chart below features the alterations to Florida's Constitution, and I got the hint from Pat's blog, which by the way was inaccessible to me for the past few days because of Blogger's incompetance.

Amendment #8 passed 69% to 31%, but Blogger kept messing with the formatting and I couldn't include the entire page I copied from here.

I dislike entitlements for anyone, and that means anyone capable of doing an honest days work and then some. I do not favor the government assisting seniors, and that makes me a cretin I suppose, but that's also how I feel. Therefore, I voted against Amendments #6 and #7. I could care less how Florida uses it's Big-Tobacco settlement money, but since government nanny-ism's get my goat I voted NO.

Amendment #4 tweaked my interest, in that the list of proposed Ballot Initiatives was originally a quite lengthy one, including, for example, a right to sexual privacy that was worded so oddly as to celebrate one's mating with woodland creatures, so I voted YES in order to keep the silly ass proposals down to a minimum.

Let the senior citizens run rampant with whatever has struck their fancy of late, and the state is doomed. Yes, we'd be able to carry 32" double-barrel black-powder shotguns as long as we were astride a suitable stallion, but forget anything manufactured after the early 1900's.

Alachua County is where we live, and because of the University, Gainesville tends to lean Democratic as long as nobody messes with their guns. The left preaches full fledged gun control, then drops such proposals once they realize that it's a no-go.

The Republican Sterns buried Democratic Bruderly, because, University or NO University, Bruderly was one certifiable loon many folks could not stomach. Overall, I find this to be a good balance. Republicans who won't tolerate RINO's, BUT, and a big BUT, a lot of them can and are fooled by "moderate" Democrats who pledge to honor the Constitution but simple adore them gators and won't let us kill 'em all. The reptiles, I mean. Not the sports fanatics. Then again...

FL-06


District Profile: On balance, this is a Republican district. The Gainesville area is the exception: Alachua is one of the few Florida counties to regularly vote Democratic. Full Profile
2006 Results: Cliff Stearns (R) defeated David Bruderly (D) by 60-40%


Cliff Stearns (R)

Elected in 1988; Seeking tenth term; Stearns ran unopposed in the primary.



Dave Bruderly (D)

Bruderly, an environmental engineer, ran unopposed in the primary.

No comments: