Monday, December 18, 2006

Everything Old Is New Again



"Heve you known of anybody using Corbons Cooper DPX bullet...?"

The title says it all, as all-copper bullets have been around for a while, and with Corbons rise in popularity... as well as certain Corbon dealers also happening to be self-professed gun-guru's...the DPX line is selling like hotcakes.

The terminal rounds look quite impressive, but are smaller than Federal HST, PMC Starfire, and Ranger-T bullets of the same caliber, and I'm probably leaving out a few others but you get the picture.

Corbon DPX cartridges are twice as expensive and expand somewhat less.

But they look so damned evil they can't make enough of them. Not saying that they are in any way, shape, or form inferior, unless you consider a smaller hole to be so. And by smaller I mean a 1.2" HST in .45 caliber compared to .80" DPX after being fired into ballistic gelatin. The problem with gelatin of course is the fact that all one need do is keep shooting and you're bound to get the results you've been looking for.

The proof of the pudding will be in the field, and to my knowledge there have not been enough shootings with the DPX to warrant a yeah or nay.

I'm not a gun guru, but would I use them? Not at that price. All things being equal I want a more expansion if paying through the nose. Show me repeated one and a half inch terminal rounds from a 45 and I'll look closer, but for now it's HST or Ranger.

No comments: