Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rocky Balboa

When I was a kid we'd vacation in Jersey and my Mom would frequent this fortune teller who plied her trade on the Keansburg Boardwalk.

She was one spooky lady. Mrs. Stallone, not my Mom. Well, anyway, this funny looking kid of hers would sometimes be around and all he ever talked about was making movies and acting in movies and sweet mother of pearl I'd say to my buddy Bruce who was always jabbering on about being in a Rock band, "but the guy can barely speak so how can he act?"

Bruce would mumble back, "who knows, maybe some day he'll come see me sing and then we'll go to one of his movies."

I thought they were both crazy as all hell.

Not that I was wrong, but Bruce got his E Street Band and Sylvester...good lord but what a sissy name...got his movies.

I will pay cash money to sit with the refuse of humanity and watch Sylvester "act" in the upcoming Rocky Balboa. I do wish Bruce would come down and join me.

No comments: