Saturday, September 08, 2007

Southwest Flight Attendant Tries to Boot Hooters Waitress From Plane Over Clothing

Subtitled: Golly, but it was like sooooo humiliating that they asked me to get dressed...

"A 23-year-old college student claimed Friday that Southwest Airlines singled her out after a male flight attendant told her that her white denim miniskirt, high-heel sandals and sweater over a tank top was too "revealing."

Southwest Airlines stands behind that flight attendant's decision two months ago to confront Kyla Ebbert, who also works as Hooters waitress in downtown San Diego, after complaints from another employee about Ebbert's choice of clothing.

"He told me my outfit was too provocative, too revealing for a family airline," Ebbert told FOX News, appearing in the same outfit she wore on the flight."He told me that I needed to go to the gift shop and buy a new outfit and change and get on a later flight."

Ebbert then pulled down her skirt, tightened her sweater over her tank top and wrapped up in a blanket in her seat.

"I was humiliated," Ebbert said.

THAT'S the whole point, sweetie. Walk around half-naked, then being told to put on some clothing is SUPPOSED to be a humiliating experience. I'm not usually one to agree when a business discriminates against a customer, but there are these things called decency laws, and to be honest I wish most places would be as discriminating. My daughter would not dress in such a manner, well, with me around to see it, and 23 is just too bloody young to cavort about like a whore-in-training.

No comments: