Friday, February 15, 2008

FOBUS Paddles


Being the minimalist I am...even more so after learning how to swamp-traipse...I favor simple solutions. Regular readers know of my disdain for holsters that weigh 10 or 12 pounds, cover half of a large mans hip and thigh, then have the gall to refer to themselves as concealment rigs. For quick, no-nonsense, running out the door with a light jacket or sweater for me nothing beats a FOBUS ROTO.

Cant-able...but certainly not in the FBI style as I prefer drawing back and out because its easier to get off a quick shot as opposed to up and out, and anytime one is drawing from beneath cover garments quick is a good thing.

Unlike the gentlemen who fuss over their rigs as a woman selecting JUST the right handbag, to me a plastic paddle holster is a plastic paddle holster. It isn't MEANT to be seen and as long as it works for you then don't be peer-pressured into killing several full grown bulls just to get enough hide for one of those ever-popular leather jobs. When leather is preferable, Don Hume makes some quality products at a decent price but at the end of the day its your money and your fussing so have at it girls.

No comments: