Thursday, August 18, 2005

An Online Conversation With AOL's Tech "Service"...

TechAAA: Hi Bob, how may I help you today? :)

Bob: Hi, yes I was having troubles with my online journal...

TechAAA: Most problems can be easily fixed by restarting your computer, Bob, have you restarted your computer? :)

Bob: Well no, actually it was off and I just turned it on...

TechAAA: Most problems can be fixed by restarting your computer, Bob, I suggest you restart your computer. :)

Bob: ok...

Computer is restarted; this takes a couple minutes, then the 10-15 minute attempt to log back onto AOL, THEN the online tech help.

Bob: Yes, I was just speaking with someone about a problem I was having...

TechBBB: Most problems can be fixed by restarting your computer, Bob, have you done so? :)

Bob: Well yes, I just did and...

TechBBB: That's Great, Bob! :) Have you also deleted your current cache? Most online problems can be solved by deleting your current cach Bob. :)

Bob: Whew, no I haven't, lemme do it and I'll brb.

Cache deleted, connection to Aol Tech help lost, log in once again.

Bob: Hi, I was just talking to another tech person, well actually 2 other...

TechCCC: Have you restarted your computer, Bob? :) Most problems can be fixed by restarting your computer. :)

Bob: Yes I did...

TechCCC: And have you emptied your cache, Bob? :) Most problems can be fixed by emptying your cache. :)

Bob: Yes, I did that too, and the problem still seems to be there. Basically I have an online journal and some of the entries are missing...

TechCCC: Have you contacted AOL's Community Assistance, Bob? :) Most problems can be fixed by contacting AOL's Community Assistance. :)

Bob: No, I didn't know that but maybe you can just answer a simple question I have...
TechCCC: I'd suggest you contact...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap
Connection to AOL Online Technical Assistance lost again, so log in again...

Bob: Hi, I was speaking with several other folks here and...

TechDDD: Hi Bob. :) Have you restarted your computer? :) Restarting your computer can...

USER LOGGED OFF

Next day email: "Hi this is your AOL Member Satisfaction Survey. :) As you may recall, you contacted America Online for technical assistance, and now's your chance to take a survey describing your experience...

MAIL DELETED

No comments: