Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Time To Play: Spot The Dumb Ass Mistakes...


"Parking spots were somewhat hard to find during the evening rush at the Coon Rapids (Minnesota) Wal-Mart when two separate drivers spotted a prime spot in front. Both converged on the spot with the lucky driver who got that spot soon finding she wasn't so lucky after all.

"I told her to chill out, go home, you know, it's really not that serious," Danyelle Strong.

Strong had her three kids with her when she pulled into that prime spot, and soon found the other driver screaming and swearing at her.

"She's mad and this is road rage and this is when people kill people over ridiculous things," Strong said.

That driver, Latosha Cannon, of Coon Rapids, returned to her car and, according to a criminal complaint, grabbed a gun from her trunk.

"My life flashed before my eyes when I saw the gun," Strong said. "And she was continuing to scream and she was probably ten times more upset than she was when she first got out of her car. Strong took her infant child from the car, hoping the sight of a child would break the tension...and it did.

Cannon drove off giving Strong time to call police.

"I realize how close I came to death, yeah, I believe if I didn't have my children she wouldn't have calmed down," Strong said. Police caught up to Cannon at a nearby store.

She said she didn't have a gun, but police found a 38 caliber handgun in the trunk of the car and they arrested her on the spot.

Police would later discover that handgun was loaded, seven rounds in the clip and even one in the chamber.

"I don't know what changed her mind but thank god," Strong said. "I have too many kids to die over a parking spot, that's ridiculous."

Even though no shots were fired during this dispute Cannon now faces charges of terroristic threats, a felony.

There was no answer at Cannon's Coon Rapids apartment when 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS tried to contact her. Neighbors say she does not cause problems. Cannon has a permit to carry.
"

No comments: