Sunday, August 13, 2006

Testosterone Level By Caliber

So the blood work came back okay. Phosphocreatine Kinase notwithstanding, all conditions are A-okay.

The only thing I questioned, and of course it just had to be something the doc couldn't answer, was why my testosterone level measured at < 700 nanograms/deciliter. He at first couldn't find the report then did a double take (that I noticed), but said the numbers were terrific. Can't anyone just give me the actual number or do they save money by measuring certain levels to a preset-standard and no higher.

Since most everything I do is weapons related in some way shape or fashion, I happened to be carrying one of my most powerful handguns when they drew the blood and wanted to see, as certain studies have suggested, if this effected my testosterone levels. I sat in the waiting room, then excused myself for a moment when they called me so as to rush to the car and slide the gun in an IWB.

But getting greater-than or lesser-than bullswaddle doesn't do squat so I'm going to foot the bill for another test and this time I want the actual concentration.

No comments: