Friday, January 18, 2008

Green Bay Affliliate Pulls Giant's Quarterback Favorite Show...

"Eli Manning can once again be the master of his domain.

Despite the dastardly plans of the Fox affiliate in Green Bay to deny the Giant quarterback the privilege of watching his favorite TV show on Saturday night, it turns out Manning will be able to watch reruns of "Seinfeld" after all. Sony has sent Manning a DVD player and "Seinfeld: The Complete Series" DVD collection that he can watch from his hotel room all night long.

It was such a simple solution to circumvent WLUK's publicity stunt, that Michael Strahan had already thought of it hours before.

"Are you kidding me?" Strahan said yesterday, when told the station had pulled "Seinfeld" off the air because it heard it was Manning's favorite show.

"Don't they have 'Seinfeld' DVDs? We can always watch 'Seinfeld.' If they think that's going to mess him up, I should probably move to Green Bay. I could be very successful there with some of my ideas."

For once I can agree with Michael Strahan.

I didn't have a horse in this race as I'm not particularly enamored by the Giants, and I just cannot seem to get the young Brett Favre out of my mind back when a reporter asked him why the name was pronounced F-A-R-V-E when it is spelled F-A-V-R-E...

"You know," he replied with an incredulous look as if learning of this for the first time, "you're right. I don't know..."

But now I hope the Giants destroy the meat packers like the meat packers haven't been destroyed.

No comments: