Thursday, November 11, 2010

Amen

Truths For Mature Humans

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

9. Bad decisions make good stories.

10. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

11. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

12. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

Head on over to Lem's joint for the full magilla.

2 comments:

TJP said...

Amen to that. I especially agree with #10. I believe the guy who created Dilbert has the best term: Negative Work. People ask me if I like my job. I say, "I love my job, I wish I was allowed to do it!"

I can also provide some insight on #11: Blu-Ray is the answer to the fact that DVD players didn't randomly crash enough. I'm told both are superior to VHS and Laser Discs, which didn't have any ads, menus or computer crashes.

fits said...

I remember fondly one of the "reasons" given to switch from VHS. The tapes would evaporate the nanosecond after they reached a certain age. I've a shitload that play as well as they did when I got 'em 15-20 years back. Clean the VCR now and again and all was well. Many of the improvements are nothing more than an industry that is forever saying how sales are down, and when sales are down that means its time to swindle folks into the new and improved version.