Saturday, November 27, 2010

Computer Goings On

Actually the monitor. Joined all of you living in 2010 and installed a hi-def TV/monitor; we'll be able, once I figure it all out, to access the pc from either a 32 or 19 inch TV, and since I can never let well enough alone I'll be fiddle frigging with it for about another 3 to 4 months.

UPDATE

Yeah I know you're all waiting with bated breath. Almost got the thing the way I want it. Almost.

You know, for as much as I rail against technology, this is cool. The capability to watch movies and sports in high definition then flicking a switch and arriving online. One of the things I missed after leaving my home in Australia was the superior television reception. Europe and Australasia long whooped our asses in better definition, something along the lines of 625 lines to our 480-525. France actually experimented with over 800 lines but dropped that in favor of the European standard after nearly going broke installing the then world-class technology.

2 comments:

fits said...

Heya Woody. Hope you and the family had a great holiday, partner. Me, I was actually the dude first in line for a big screen, getting a 55 incher the nanosecond after they became available. Couldn't watch the thing, severely screwed with my aging old eyes, so I gave it away to a brother. We've had 32, 45 inchers that I adjusted to more easily, but never one that could flip back and forth to the net. The features in the brandy new TV's are just awesome, so I'll have to learn to watch because I'm not going back to cathode ray.

Woody said...

I hear ya. I can do the same on my 100" in the basement. When you can watch YouTube videos down there in full screen HD there is certainly no going back to a CRT...