Sunday, May 14, 2006

Still Celebrating Mothers Day As Dorothy Would Have Wanted It....

Am pricing what a specialty job would cost using the Ruger Redhawk as the base gun. 5 1/2" barrel is a tad too long for my needs, and bobbing an inch would be the first thing to do. Since I'd want to feed the beast Buffalo Bore or Double Tap monster rounds, the grip has to go as well, but that's something I could do myself for relative peanuts.

One gunsmith wants $900 to present me with a 4 1/2 " Redhawk with my initials across the topstrap. and since I can get an unmodified version of this revolver for about $580 out the door, that's pretty steep for a bob-job. Another dude quoted me a flat $150...I pay the shipping both ways...but he's backed up almost 18 months.

I've an old S&W 29 that's as accurate as a gun can get, but it does tick me off that the cylinder is too short to use modern cartridges of the Ruger-variety, and to be honest, the thing is built solidly all 'round but it's just not a Ruger if you know whatI mean.

Oh well. The seach goes on. Maybe by Christmas I'll have something new for winter-carry, and I still don't understand why Ruger refuses to make big bore revolvers with shorter barrels.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»