Saturday, April 28, 2007

Actual Quotes From The Range

1. All Guns Must Be Treated As Being Loaded All The Time

Gotcha. So it doesn't matter if it's really loaded or not when I need it because it's always loaded. Best thing to do then would be to always load it. Right?

2. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction

Cool. Then when do I get to point it at a bad guy?

3. Never Aim At Anything You Are Not Prepared To Destroy

Guess that rules out dry fire.

4. Keep Your Finger Away From The Trigger Until You Are Ready To Fire

The bad guy is doing this too, right?

5. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use

Cool X 2. Is there a warning buzzer or something like it that tells me when I'll be putting it to "use"? Or is stopping the action in the heat of battle by calling out in a loud and clear voice, "Wait. I must first load my firearm!" considered a universal Marquis of Queensbury? Is sitting on my nightstand considered in-use?

6. Be Sure Of Your Target And What`s Beyond It

Is this only for civilians?

No comments: