Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Asian paper's 'I Hate Blacks' column assailed

Eng's "reasons" for hating black people include:

-- "Blacks hate us. Every Asian who has ever come across them knows that they take almost every opportunity to hurl racist remarks at us."

-- "Contrary to media depictions, I would argue that blacks are weak-willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years."

-- "Blacks are easy to coerce. This is proven by the fact that so many of them, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, tend to be Christians."

Well. It isn't as if the asians don't tend to look down on everyone who isn't asian, but they and blacks have been oil and water for quite some time.

Back in the mid-90's I bought into a failing asian grocery store. The location was great, the clientele faithful and affluent, but robberies had left the owner bereft of hard cash and the will to continue on his own. I'd spent a lot of time in asia, and more industrious people are hard to find, but lets just say their bedside manner can leave a lot to be desired, and in the business world this can be a killer. Especially in NYC. But Jews, Polocks, Irishmen, Italians, Spanish, you name it and the melting-potted customer base had long since grown accustomed to Mr. Lee and his cantankerous demeanor.

But not the blacks. There's this built-in "you're dissing me because I'm black" attitude that was fostered by the country's liberals until it burgeoned into an all out paranoia, and all Mr. Lee had to do was be Mr. Lee and the sparks would fly whenever a black youth entered the store. And it wasn't just Lee's Groceries that featured so uneasy a relationship, but virtually every last asian entrepreneur I'd ever heard of.

Anyway, a few of my kinfolk lent me a hand in policing the place until the local black gentry decided to look for easier pickings...the cops wouldn't touch such a fracas with a ten-foot chopstick...and I eventually sold my holdings to his son after Mr. Lee went to that great Foo Yung palace in the clouds. His son was more easygoing and would hold his peace when confronted with black bigotry and hatred, but behind closed doors he despised American-Africans with as much of a passion as his father.

"We're the new niggers," Tommy would say, "and the old niggers love getting off on us to make themselves feel superior."

Every arriving minority goes through something of a hardass time, especially in the Big Apple, but starting with nothing and ending with businesses was and is what asians do, and this of course makes THEM feel superior to the blacks who've been handed one entitlement after another and only exert the energy when it comes time to asking for more.

I know I speak with a broad brushstroke at times, but my journey's have led me to conclusions based upon experience and so what if the real world isn't politically correct. That's where I happen to live.

No comments: