Sunday, February 18, 2007

Jim Zumbo Apologizes...

It got as bad as we thought. The Brady's jumped on Jim Zumbo's words and used them against us, all of us.

He has apologized, and you can read it here.

The Smallest Minority has it in a nutshell.

Here's a snippet of his "apology"...

..."What really bothers me are some of the unpatriotic comments leveled at me. I fly the flag 365 days a year in my front yard. Last year, through an essay contest, I hosted a soldier wounded in Iraq to a free hunt in Botswana. This year, through another essay contest, I'm taking two more soldiers on a free moose and elk hunt.

When I started blogging, I was told to write my thoughts, expressing my own opinion. The offensive blog I wrote was MY opinion, and no one else's. None of the companies that I deal with share that opinion, nor were they aware of what I had written until this firestorm started.

Believe it or not, I'm your best friend if you're a hunter or shooter, though it might not seem that way. I simply screwed up."

Uhhuh. So it REMAINS your opinion that assault rifles have no place in hunting. Cool. And you are entitled to it, sir. Just not on our dime.

I know that this isn't as important as, say commenting upon a new Fox comedy half-hour for Conservatives, but it is what we grunts do. The glitz can go the big wheels, we're busy walking the wall.

To everyone who has taken those steps with me today, yesterday, and for the days yet to come, thanks for your help.

Semper Fi

UPDATE

The Smallest Minority feels we were too hasty...

Eating Our Own.

"Some of y'all are a bit too quick on the trigger, I think.

A writer, with a blog, posts something egregiously stupid and insulting, severely damaging to our right to keep and bear arms. OK. He's (supposedly) one of us. Even worse. The reaction? Boycott his sponsors, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Uh, no."

I'm going to let the smoke clear for a time before readdressing this issue. It wasn't just a blog and a simple blogger, but a representative of various major corporations, and this happens a day after a democrat Senator launches the first step in reinstituting the assault weapon ban. If she asks him to speak before Congress, as someone most likely will now, what's he going to do?

Recant? Put the genie back into the bottle? And no one should tell me who "my own" happens to be. If Zumbo sticks by those words then he isn't any of our "own".

No comments: