Monday, February 05, 2007

15/16 Of An Inch At 25 Yards...



From the new 4" Ruger Redhawk. Read all about it here.

However, I wholeheartedly disagree that only .44 Special loads should be used for self-defense, and the problem is that most of todays gun scribes want it both ways. Handguns are puny. The handgun incapacitation index is puny. NO handgun is "guaranteed" to work because they're puny. Then they refer to the .44 Special as a "fighting firearm". They all do. Fighting what? Certainly not people, because all handguns are yadda yadda.

Then when someone mentions the mightier magnums, it's "What are you looking to shoot? A T-Rex?" Borrowed THAT line from Clint Smith. But since I've sworn never to mention him again, forget I even mentioned it.

Bottomus Lineus: There are a plethora of .44 magnum cartridges that are the bees knees for capping Mr. Badguy, and here is where the reloaders can have a field day in creating their own marvelous magnum manstoppers.

PS: Were I to own a handgun I'd be working on loads for this very firearm. Well, not ME personally, I couldn't reload to save my ass. As older readers of this blog are fully aware, I've been toying with the idea of going big-bore with regards to my concealed carry, and when Crazy Jay gets it right we'll see. All I've asked is expansion to an inch in diameter and penetration of 16" and the extra bonus of being able to drop a charging brownie at the same time. Redhawk in a 4" barrel with some nuke loads. Priceless.

No comments: