Saturday, February 10, 2007

Booty From Georgia

I sent an email to Glock in Smyrna, Georgia, politely asking if it would be in their power to send me a 2007 Glock calendar.

This was two weeks ago. Today I received a very nice calendar, the 2007 Glock Annual, some decals and patches and a key fob.

Gratis.

The Annual highlighted Glocks new G-21 SF, and had some words of wisdom from David Sevigny. You know, the guy who regularly outshoots $3000 1911's with his out-of-the-box G-35, and for the most part the rest was devoted to law enforcement. Shame they can't have a civvy version as well. I know, I know, I got a free magazine and am bitching about it, but I'd pay my own way were Glock to tailor something towards the people who have to fend off Bubba the bad guy all by their lonesome and can't expect dozens of likewise armed pals racing on over to help.

Because there is a world of difference between military and police and citizen. We the people must make-do with substandard gear and low-tech and when was the last time YOU planned on calling for air support?

I like Glocks because I'm ugly and they're ugly and we both are simple to figure out. I'd like a full-auto G-18 but am ticked off about the paperwork necessary to obtain a C&R license, let alone a REAL FFL, and I guess the time will come when I'll just bite the damned bullet and surrender more of my dignity so I can hoot and auto-shoot. I've fired a G-18, once, and know people who can actually make the bloody things sing the Battle Hymn of The Republic when it comes to sending flying lead into soft tissues and I ain't talking Kleenex.

But hellen damnation, I can't even get a G-28 because it's a LE-Only purchase due to the fact that it doesn't have enough import-points which satisfy's the government's need to keep cool guns out of the hands of we the people.

Glock uses the law as advertising and thats all well and good. Most of the Eloi will scramble after whatever the local yokels are shooting themselves in the leg with, but the fact of the matter is we're a far larger customer base and it is disturbing to see Springfield and Taurus and S&W and even Ruger for chrissake fine-tuning handguns for the civilian market. I know they sell a million guns a year all over the world and don't have the manufacturing capacity to fiddle with the needs of American shooters, not with Gaston being so old and anal and all and unwilling to open a plant in Tijuana like he'd have to.

Anyway, if I get the time later on I'll post some pictures of my loot but it's been a long day. Just thought to throw in a bitch about being made to feel like a secondclass citizen in the land that guarantees the pursuit of happiness.

No comments: