Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Joy Of Teaching

Pay attention. Close attention. Do only as I do. No self expression going on here. You'll not think of moving an inch or scratching a pinch YOUR way. All you have to do is what I do. If you see me sneeze then reach for a handkerchief, you sneeze then reach for a handkerchief. It. Is. That-Simple. You'll face the target. The concept of behind you no longer exists. There is no left there is no right. You are Christopher fucking Reeves after he decided to break a fall with his forehead. All there is, in your entire universe, is the target in front of you, the sound of my voice, and gunshots. Everything else is mere gibberish spoken by non-existent ghosts and we don't believe in ghosts. If I even think you're the type who sees the invisible its back to the damned car for the lot of you. You point that gun at me and I will break your arm. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun so I will presume you've decided to kill me and take it from there. At the sound of "Fire in the hole" you will pick up your weapon, chamber a round, then shoot the target. When there is no more ammunition to shoot you will then place the gun down upon the table in front of you and raise both hands, palms facing forward, stopping when your thumbs are as high as your ears. When you see my hand reaching for your unloaded gun you will then remove your hearing protection to better appreciate the laughter as I examine your target. If you've done everything exactly as so instructed, you may then reload your firearm and begin again. There are no questions during shooting. You do not shoot and think, nor shoot and ask questions, at the same time. Questions are for after the shooting has stopped because we both know you cannot shoot with anything else on your mind because I've just told you so.

The ones who are not shooting will stand there, quietly, with the other Brownies and await their turn. Okay, okay; we'll get ice cream later but the same rules apply.

No comments: