Monday, July 17, 2006


Mike Hammer Creator Mickey Spillane Dies Mike Hammer Creator Mickey Spillane Dies
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Mickey Spillane, the macho mystery writer who wowed millions of readers with the shoot-'em-up sex and violence of gumshoe Mike Hammer, died Monday. He was 88. Spillane's death was confirmed by Brad Stephens of Goldfinch Funeral Home in his hometown of Murrells Inlet.


"I snapped the side of the rod across his jaw and laid the flesh open to the bone," Spillane wrote. "I pounded his teeth back into his mouth with the end of the barrel ... and I took my own damn time about kicking him in the face. He smashed into the door and lay there bubbling. So I kicked him again and he stopped bubbling."


Now, THAT'S Writing. Safe journey, Mickey. Save us a good seat.

No comments: