Sunday, June 01, 2008

"Angelina Jolie brings out the big guns"



"Angelina Jolie has a gun - and she's not afraid to use it.

The pregnant mother of four told the U.K.'s Daily Mail that she owns guns similar to the ones she used in "Tomb Raider." Jolie and partner Brad Pitt are not against having weapons in their house for security reasons, she says.

"If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them," she said.

Jolie, 32, has starred as a heat-packing vixen in several action movies - two "Tomb Raider" films, "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and the upcoming futuristic thriller, "Wanted."

"I can handle myself," she said. "There's a side to me that people know is humanitarian, and there's a side to me that's a mommy. But there's also the side that likes to get down and dirty and run and jump around and fire guns."

Take notes, wannabe intruders"

Typical of lefty journaljizzers to try and excuse Mizz Jolie's exercise of her God-given rights by offering that the guns are but of course nothing more than noisy alarms to be used only in the most dire of emergencies. I've guns for play, for hunting (I suck at it so just an occasional hog now and again), for the beauty of their design, for the protection of my property, and for the times when I cannot tote a .308 with me into town and need something concealable. Were open carry permissible in Florida, I'd strap on Sunday-go-to-meetin' matching Colt's in an El Paso Saddlery rig, and serviceable Blackhawks or Redhawks for those trips to the hardware store and Home Depot.

No matter where I'm headed there's always a shotgun in the trunk and enough 00 for the small stuff and Remington Buckhammers should I bump into the odd bear or two debating where the top of the food chain happens to be.


Point of it all is that America is STILL the land of God, Guts, and Guns where one doesn't need an excuse to pack heat. Now, since Mizz Jolie lives in England she's stuck with hiding her firepower under a pillow, but good for her.

No comments: