Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Cup To Remember


It all comes down to Italy versus France. Italy beat the Germans, and people who know these things tell me Italy always beats the Germans because the Italian team is hard core and the German team pretends to be hard core. The Italians took a hell of a blooding in Iraq, and I recall waiting for German logistic support back in Desert Storm only to be told that the Germans forgot that they didn't have jeeps or trucks or planes or tanks that could work in areas with lots of sand. Oops. I guess they disremembered this time around as well because last I looked, there were no Germans fighting alongside our guys.

And France beat Portugal. Soccer isn't a sport but it's cool that the French have something to look forward to, other than becoming a vassal state of Islam. But no, I can find no mention of a French player named Jacques Strap. More the pity.

No comments: