Monday, July 09, 2007

80-Year-Old Veteran Fights Mugger in Hospital Bathroom

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — "An 80-year-old veteran and former amateur boxer got 13 stitches after fighting with a mugger inside a bathroom at a veterans hospital.

George Younger showed he wasn't an easy target when he was robbed last week inside the Memphis Veterans Medical Center.

As he was washing his hands, the robber hit and punched him from behind and tried to drag him into one of the stalls.

"He kept telling me if I go to the stall, he wouldn't hurt me," he said. "No way I was going into that stall."

An Army infantryman stationed in the South Pacific in World War II and a welterweight amateur boxer from Memphis, he fought back and landed a few shots.

"I think I got him good — I don't like being called a victim," he told The Commercial Appeal on Thursday.

But Younger was overpowered by the mugger and he started calling for help when the mugger began to choke him.

"He hit me twice; he was a pretty big guy," Younger said. "He pulled me to the ground and hit me again and staggered me. I guess I wasn't in as good a shape as I thought I was."

Younger said he didn't know how the mugger got into the hospital because identification is needed to get into the building. Memphis police are investigating..."

Here's the deal George. Now, you done good sir, no doubt about it. The hospital frowns upon what I'm going to recommend but pay them no never mind. Begin the paperwork to get yourself a concealed carry permit. It's going to set you back $115 and you'll need to show a training certificate but it's well worth the hassle. Technically, you CAN open-carry but the police say they'll arrest you for it even though it's not against the law, so get the permit and conceal the gun because they've decided to act as ROYALTY, and know better than the state or the Constitution itself. Living in Tennessee makes you a subject, George, and I know that's not what you went and fought WWII for, but while the good citizens of Tennessee dozed, the police and liberal politicians were busy making life easy for criminals.

Do not let that daunt you. Dance their humiliating dance because you're a man, George, and that means defending yourself against the young hoodlums who've simply got you out-muscled nowadays. But brawn isn't everything because Colonel Colt made all men equal, so get that permit and a nice .38 snub nose then fill it with Ranger-T ammunition. Believe me when I tell you that I'd gladly hold the guy for you, George, while you paid back some of the beating but let's start thinking about the future and forget the past.

Don't be a victim, George. The cops and lawyers masquerading as elected representatives want you to be, but you've got it in you to continue to fight back and on a higher level.

No comments: