Thursday, July 05, 2007

Former Trooper to Editor Westerhold: ''That's no public service''

"Choya Hawn, 51, Erie. That is how my name appears on the Register's Web site along with the names of the other holders of Concealed Carry Permits issued by Erie County. Since you are convinced the public needs to know such information, allow me to expand. I am a 27-year veteran of the Ohio State Highway Patrol. I have served 21 years as a certified firearms Instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy, and I am a five-time Gold Medallist in the combat pistol event at the Ohio Police and Fire Games. However, in May 2004 I retired from the Highway Patrol and became a regular citizen. Unlike most citizens, I have nearly three decades of law enforcement experience and firearms training, but I am still required by law to obtain a CCW permit to carry a firearm..."

Were it anyone but an Only One, I'd be cheering this man on but as soon as he decided to impress the free world with his acumen...simply because he was an Only One...that's where it became a pity-party-for Mr. Perfect. By the way, pally, three decades of parading around WITH a gun, but how often did you have to use it?

"In all my years in law enforcement I was never forced to shoot another person."

Then you're just like the most of us hoss. Except we probably practice a helluva lot more. Braggin' on toting heat he never used. Sheesh. Cluebat time, partner; admitting you were LE means you were awarded "rights" unavailable to the common man and this is starting to get old real fast.

No comments: