Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fun With The GLOCK 21

Played with a GLOCK 21 on Wednesday. Generation 3, and the thing had a laser sight. I always figured if I moved back to the .45 ACP round it'd be in the pipe of a 1911 but to be absolutely honest, out-of-the-box to out-of-the-box, there's no comparison.

That is unless your OOTB 1911 is a $4 grand fluffer and buffer.

I've never been a pleading princess when it came to the fit, finish, and feel of a handgun, but the G-21 fits me like they used my right hand for the template. Not a big aficionado of the laser-deal, I squeezed 'em off al dente and 25' shots acted like blood brothers that were never to be parted. Standing off-hand plinks that you could almost cover with a quarter isn't anything to sneeze at, even with the ancient and much-despised...by me...Federal Hydro Shoks that were new when Hector was a pup. Problem is, the local tin star yokels use them, so civvies without much training or common sense, do too.

Still don't know if I'll switch back to the .45 ACP but gone are my daydreams of once again toting a 1911. Funny thing about it is, there are so many 1911's out there to choose from, you can get one cheaper than a G-21, but why the hell compromise.

No comments: