Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Something's Strange, Can't Put My Finger On It...

...Wait, by jove I've got it. Eureka and Myeka even. It's been a while since a Palestinian has killed a Jew and what's up with that?

New York Post Online Edition: news

October 5, 2005 -- A Palestinian mother on a suicide mission slashed a female Israeli soldier in the face at a West Bank checkpoint yesterday and was killed by gunfire.
The terrorist Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade said the mother of five, Haifa Hindiya, was avenging the killing of two militants by Israel troops last week.

Hindiya, 36, arrived early yesterday at the Hawara checkpoint near Nablus, pulled a long knife out of her handbag and charged the soldier, according to a Palestinian eyewitness.
Hindiya knocked the soldier to the ground and slashed her before a second soldier wrestled the weapon away, the witness said.

But Hindiya regained the knife. Israeli officials said troops opened fire at her legs, thinking she was carrying concealed explosives.

Hindiya was seriously wounded and died at the scene, witnesses said.

"She was on her way to committing a martyrdom attack," the Al Aqsa group said. "We are not committed to the truce and we will not respect it."

Yesterday, Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz warned that another terrorist group, Hamas, has set itself up as a shadow government in the Gaza Strip since the Israeli withdrawal of troops and settlers.

"I, unfortunately, don't see the Palestinian Authority taking any serious steps to disarm the terror organizations," he said.

Isn't Al-Aqsa the name of some frilly French imported bottled water? You'll forgive me for not keeping up with such things, for I haven't been abroad in a few years and do think it's time to bring someone onboard who is familiar with both Europe and the Middle East. Was quite hilarious to visit and indeed live in various countries only to come home to the states and listen to the bilgewater that passed for commentary by supposedly informed columnists, and I'll admit to suffering from Well, duh, dat's what I hoid syndrome as much as the rest of the chairborne commandos that prattle about what the rest of the world has been up to.

During my last visit to Israel I made an offhanded comment about the military consisting of men...everywhere I looked there were guys handling check points and the like, and the answer to my dumbass query was that under normal circumstances females are not at the cutting edge of the combat line and how dare you believe we'd treat our women this way. Now, sure there were plenty of gals handling the the Gaza-Surrender, but that was to be expected as the only foe for miles around were Jews reluctent to abandon their homes, but what in the name of all blue blazes was a woman doing guarding a checkpoint?

I'm a born and bred NY'er and were I ever to cut through a dimly lit alley in the dead of night...believe me, it happens...and was accosted by a roving gang of those silly enough to want me to accidentally fall over on them, I'd want the biggest, ugliest, toughest Irish cop in the neighborhood rushing to my defense. From the Apple to the Corps, and it didn't matter what fighting hole I was in, when it hit the fan and they were coming through the wire like lemmings to a cliff edge, I also wanted the biggest, toughest son of a bitch on the face of the earth guarding my fat ass like I'd guard his.

There are times when diversity sucks, and those at the tip of the spear know that the single most important thing to do is to die as slow as possible, thus allowing the line to hold until others arrive to plug the gap. And how far CAN I divert my insane ramblings from the tale of a lunatic Mother attacking an Israeli soldier?

It's good to know that the religion of peace has opened it's crazed culthood club of killers to include the distaff, such is the case when you're running out of men insane enough to believe in all this kill-an-infidel-and win-a-trip-to-cloud 9-with-a-scazillion-virgins, for that means the full spectrum of such an appalling gene pool gets the chlorination it so rightly deserves, but how in the name of all that's kosher did they let this nutcase regain her weapon?

And shooting the woman in the legs is an incredibly silly thing to do because firearms are not designed to wound, they are designed to kill, and regardless of what Hollywood says, leg or arm shots usually don't do a damned thing to stop a determined person in their tracks.

Just a sad state of affairs when even the sensible Jews are mucking things up.

No comments: