Tuesday, January 17, 2006

CWP is on the way

Concealed Weapon Permit. In transferring kit and kaboodle from Iowa to Florida, one of the things I dreaded was applying for my permit. Received an email today informing me that the license has been issued and I'll be receiving it shortly.

Amazingly simple procedures here versus the cluster fuck of Iowa. In the land of corn, obtaining a permit to carry is entirely up to the local sheriff. If he doesn't like the car you drive up in it's a no-go, but here, it's fingerprints, application, and if done properly (electronic fingerprints are the way to go) you can count on getting the okay in 2 to 3 weeks, tops. Presumptive of an absolutely spotless criminal record and proof of adequate training, of course.

So now I no longer have to stash the gun in the glove compartment, perfectly legal by the way, and can carry it on my hip, or for long drives, around an ankle.

The city of Gainesville just got a little safer this day. Now if I can just get that new holster to fit right...

No comments: