Sunday, January 15, 2006

Didn't do a damned thing this weekend. Zip, zilch, nada. Not a bad day outside, the kind of day most of the country would love to have in the second week of January but I had neither the oomph nor the desire to accomplish anything more than reading and the occasional entry into the blog. Being active catches up with the best of us I suppose and I'm beginning to think that one can actually spend some time vegging out without the Lax-Police stopping by with a hefty summons. I should have found someplace to shoot or to play or to do both or to just walk and gawk, but staying home and practicing the presentation from my new holster was the best I could come up with. I link to "Draw", set the timer and have at it. Size down the target to as small as it can go, move 20 feet back and keep going until even with the sticky Fobus the time is under 1.5 seconds from holster to fire. And the hard pull is slowing me down so it is something that must needs more practice. Lisa imagines that one day I'll lose control of whatever gun I'm practicing the draw with and toss it through the monitor. I know she does. I can see it on her face. She's all niceness and sweetness outside but within that six foot of blonde there resides a no-fools-allowed persona and for the life of me I don't know how she takes it all.

Anyways, there's something on PBS that's caught my attention so see you later.

No comments: