Saturday, October 15, 2005

Man, but the web is weird. But people are weird so what'd I expect, right? It'd been a week or so since I last checked in with Hog On Ice and I blame such a long stay-away because of the move to Florida, etc, but I really DO need to get out more often.

There's a whole internet world of web sites that just blog merrily along without rhyme nor reason, the here's my diary type, you know. Some of them began when the whole blog thing began, or at least I guess they've been around forever, but who knows. Problem with having a life outside of the net is that once you get into the net it's a game of catch up and there are far too many players to keep track of. So I click the nebulous link that old Hog provided, thinking I'd be taken to a gun-related site or some such other nonsense, but it's some guy talking about running out of cigarettes and going to the store and almost passing out.

I'm presuming he is ill but damned if I know for sure and double damned if I'm going to go from link to link in order to put the pieces together. Shame too, because the dude seems like just the curmudgeon type I'd like to tune into now and again, sort of a real-mans kim du toit, or whatever the hell it is I'm trying to say.

Look for yourself: From Hog to Velociworld: ACIDMAN: THE DEAD POOL to Gut Rumbles. A trip to if you gotta ask you're not with the in-crowd.

And I still don't get it, but I'm too tired to play cyber-fetch, and life is full of interruptions because that's what life does, so sometimes trying to concentrate through constant distractions leaves me all bitchy when I'm trying to make a point and it eludes me because I'm not in the mood to multitask. Writers know what that means.

No comments: