Sunday, August 12, 2007

Thursday's Massive Storm...

Yielded prodigious lighting strikes that but obliterated everything from homes to supposedly well shielded electronics, and while our pc's and modems were ruined, the house is fine so extensive bitching is not appropriate.

Cox cable is also to blame for having equipment that fizzles out from the mere prediction of rain, and trying to get them to assist in a timely manner was laughable.

Anyway, we're back. The existing surge suppressors were costly and efficacious ones, but I've never seen so much lightning hitting in one place, ever. I've installed "better" devices, but from now on I think the best bet would be to shut everything down and unplug anything with plugs because neighbors shared our woes and they felt themselves prepared for the worse but were unpleasantly surprised as well.

Thanks to all who evinced concern over my absence. No, I ain't dead yet.

No comments: