Tuesday, August 14, 2007

We Get Letters

"Do you carry a backup gun ever, or spare loads for your single caery peace if you don't?"

Yes and yes. If I cannot carry a full auto carbine then sure, and the NY reload is the way to go, for me at least. My volunteer work takes me into some pretty shady neighborhoods and it wouldn't take much for me to envision 3 or more unfriendly's to come a'callin. So if I were to carry in that part of the hood it'd probably be a G-22 and full-cap mags along with a G-27 for backup. That gives me 25 rounds to play with and unless I'm barricaded behind some decent cover and duking it out with some serious shooters, it should be enough.

Should. Be enough. Maybe a spare mag for the 27. Woods/Swamp carry is a different tale of woe. I seriously do not expect a gaggle of gators or a hoard of hogs to ambush my sorry ass, so a 12 gauge as the primary and something in a serious caliber as the sidearm. Then and only then do I festoon myself out with multi-use tools and a good flashlight. Can't imagine suddenly needing a screwdriver while hoofing it around town, and the trunk of the car has plenty of goody-gear so why burden the old bod with excessive weight. A good folding knife for sure, no matter where I'm headed, but nothing else in the way of armament aside from the aforementioned firearms.

Now, if it's winter time, then I'll drop the G-22 in favor of a magnum revolver.

Thanks to Ahab over at What would John Wayne do for reminding me to answer this mail.

No comments: