Monday, March 10, 2008

The Right To Bear Arms As Defined By Barack Hussein Obama

Question: Recently, the National Parks Service began reviewing its policy on whether or not people should be able to carry loaded guns in national parks, and as you know Wyoming has parts of several national parks. Would you support carrying loaded guns in national parks?

Obama: I believe in Second Amendment rights and I believe in the rights of hunters and sportsmen to bear arms and use them in a responsible way. I would want to review the National Park initiative to make sure that there was acutally a rationale for it. People generally don't have hunting licenses in national parks, and if they don't have a hunting license, the question then is what are they going to use the firearms for? Presumably protection -- if there was a bear that people came across, but I'd want to see the statistics in terms of how many actual bear attacks there have been before we decide that this is something that would be necessary, only because there are a lot of people who use the national parks. You could forsee the possibility of accidents. In wilderness areas where you know there's hunting, people take certain precautions. In national parks, people aren't expecting to have to take those same precautions. There are kids running around. I think there are a whole set of issues that I'd want to examine.

So tell me then, Senator Obama, what precisely gives YOU the authority, OR the expertise for that matter, to "examine" a Constitutional Right?

If the Rangers and other members of law enforcement are bearing arms, why aren't you asking the same question of them? Not that it means a hoot in hell because grown ups should decide if they wish to have the means to protect themselves and their families, so who cares if law enforcement goes packing or not, and THAT, you see, is the crux of the matter.

I won't tell YOU or THEM what to do with regards to self-defense, and politely ask for the same courtesy.

Too much to ask?

Beg pardon, I need YOU to investigate my credentials for bearing arms when "there are kids running around"?

Kids pretty much run around wherever they darned well please, Senator Obama, so is my RIGHT to be predicated upon the number of children present? Two or three its okay, but more than five and its a no-no?

Just asking. I like knowing how our public servants think on such matters, and since you sir are a gun-grabber I don't believe you need offer up further evidence that summarily disqualifies you for high public office, as this is quite enough.

No comments: