Friday, August 27, 2010

Will "Cordoba House" Have Crushed Velour And Rich Corinthian Leather?

 Well we'll sure see, now won't we...

The red circle identifies where the old Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse used to be. It wasn't a warehouse, just the full name of the Burlington Coat Factory. The enormous pic was taken a few days after the murders, and the blue tarp within the circle is covering a gaping hole in the roof.

On September 11, 2001, Flight 175 was hijacked. The airliner smashed through what I believe was the North Tower, and debris rained down over many of the adjoining buildings. Structural damage to the Coat Factory was so severe as to warrant its demolition, and that is where the moslems want to hoist their victory center.

Saying that The Burlington Coat Factory was not part of Ground Zero is simply mad. Of course it was. As a born and raised Manhattanite I was there that day visiting a niece who lived a few blocks away from the Trade Center. The first plane impacted just as I was climbing the stoop to her apartment, and I nearly broke down her door to get her the hell away from the area. I guess she was around 22 or thereabouts at the time and after recovering from the initial shock, and being a NY'er, wanted me to take her to where all the commotion was. Luckily I found a cab that got her to the Brooklyn Bridge then over to Queens where her folks lived before the mass exodus went down, then went back to see if anyone needed help.

About 45 minutes or so after the second plane hit, flatbed trucks were coming down Broadway en masse, with bullhorns beseeching any and all able bodied men to hop aboard and assist in the rescue efforts. There were cops and firemen and regular citizens buried under the rubble outside the Towers, and body parts and all sorts of debris were still floating on down when my truck got there. The personal walkie-talkie's of the police and firemen were going off like crazy from under the wreckage, squawking and bleeping and people screaming for them to answer. We did the best we could, but before long they got us back on the trucks and the hell away from the area because the buildings were pancaking down like nobodies business.

As we traveled along to the Bridge we picked up as many people as we could fit on the trucks, and most of the men got off so that women and children could ride. There were guys there who were in their 70's, I kid you not, and we convinced them that their effort had been a valiant one but is was time to sit back and ride because the smoke and fire and God knows what else was covering the area, and FAST. One of my brothers was working in a nearby Pizzeria, doing prep work for the upcoming lunch hours so I got as close as I could to his building but had to stop because it was simply impossible to see. We didn't have cell phones then, hardly any male who wasn't a businessman did, but one of the cops told me that the Pizzeria workers had pitched in too but were all safely evacuated.

Those filthy scumbags declared war on my home town. And as God is my judge if they get to build a victory monument over the dead bodies of my friends I won't rest until sanity returns to what once was a courageous place to live. The city with the most volunteers for WW's One And Two but of course came from NY, our largest city. The Canyon of Heroes truly was a rallying point for Patriots, and will one day be so again.

PS: The picture is huge but I wanted for those with the capability to view it in it's entirety, and still have Booger let me post it. I actually did shrink the thing way down, too.

No comments: