Monday, April 10, 2006

Around The Corner And Up Your Street

Now don't get me wrong. The Corner is the farthest thing from blogging one can get, wait, PJ Media has that honor all sewed up, so strike that...

But when ANY web page gets scazillions of tips to one good story after another, even by mistake it's usually worth a look. There isn't a red blooded Conservative to be found, the language is mamb-pamby, but like I said, there's days full of coolness aplenty:

"...this is the can-do nation when it comes to winning the Cold War, putting men on the Moon, or bringing democracy to the Middle East. But enforce our own immigration rules? "What?---you must be crazy!"

To which I reply: War and technology we do quite well, in spite of the Democrats wishing it were not so. ANYTHING to do with minorities we fuck up because that's when the media pitches in for overtime caterwauling to aid and abet lawlessness when committed by "the less fortunate."

"It's been the talk of the New York parenting world, and finally the website Gawker has the full story. A woman in Park Slope, the extremely well-to-do crunchy neighborhood in Brooklyn, found a blue baby's hat and sent out a "hey, did you lose your baby boy's hat" message to a group e-mail list called Park Slope Parents.

The first response was from an enraged gender-neutral mom named Lisa, who wrote: "what makes this a 'boy’s hat'? Did you see the boy himself loose it? Or does the hat in question possess an unmistakable scent of testosterone? It’s innocent little comments like this that I find the most hurtful. What does this comment imply about the girl who chooses to wear just such a hat (or something like it)? Is she doing something wrong? Is there something wrong with her?"The ensuing debate is beyond hilarious, and can be found here."

To which I'd respond: It's a boy's hat because I said it was. I am the one describing it, I am the one who found it, so shut the fuck up you politically-correct witch or the next place it will be found is embedded up your fat...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from TFA:

From the start, my parents encouraged me and my sister to do whatever we wanted (despite, and even in spite of, gender stereotypes). I chose Wall Street computer systems, and she became a master carpenter and draftsperson. Both are traditionally men’s jobs in male-dominated industries. Even at this point in our country’s history, both continue to be difficult paths for a woman to choose.


Why do I think Budweiser doesn't make media buys during the NCAA mens conference tournaments to target Lisa and her sister?

New Budweiser ad:

Budweiser: You can think you have hard time distinguishing men from women now...

Fits said...

Uh huh. And forget what these weepy broads say about "traditional" male jobs. If they're not complaining they're not happy. Try being a male nurse, or some "traditionally" female occupation. They crack me up with the inecessant barrage of "look at me, ain't I wonderful because affirmative action opened a spot I'd normally be unqualified for.'

Male nurses, I mean. Of course.