Thursday, April 06, 2006

I've nearly given up trying to create a working blog from this Google inspired piece of detritus disguising itself itself as a genuine way to web log. Lately it has been offline, for me, as much as on, will not allow corrections, takes hours to publish, employs a "spell-check" that is somewhere along the lines of what a 7th-grader would need, and loses inserted links or renders them inoperable. Like most internet "tech", when it works it works well, but imagine buying a real item and having it fail to perform as often as virtually anything on the web. "Sorry, hon, but the car only works half of the time so maybe you should try the bus today." Yeah, right. For this particular posting I cannot even paragraph, as any attempt to hit enter results in losing the cursor and freezing the blog. So, to those of you who use this monstrosity and find it to be suitable, good on ya. Consider yourself lucky.

4 comments:

Lemuel Calhoon said...

I worked for about 3 hours last night putting up several posts, which disappeared into cyberspace with not a trace left of them.

Maybe they'll wind up on some poor Chinese bastard's blog and get him a visit from the secret police.

Fits said...

We can only hope...

Anonymous said...

Fits: Do what I do. My blogging software requires I write the article as a separate item to be saved locally, I then copy and paste then post. If it gets lost I still have the original. I can delete the story and reinsert corrected data if need me.

Fits said...

Thanks, Bad. I might do that.