Wednesday, April 19, 2006

McClellan Resigns

This was the big buzz today, and Stop The ACLU, as always, was kind enough to alert us of the goings on. Please be so kind as to click on over to them for more info, as I am unable to include a link because Blogger is once again screwed to the nines

As far as McClellan pulling the pin; I never thought he was the right man for the job, and his resignation came far too late. He always approached the podium akin to a ventriliquist learning his trade, and yes, Scott, we COULD see your lips moving but you weren't saying all that much so we didn't really care.

White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan is stepping down.
White House press secretary Scott McClellan said Wednesday he is resigning, continuing a shakeup in President Bush's administration that has already yielded a new chief of staff and could lead to a change in the Cabinet.

Appearing with Bush on the White House South Lawn just before the president boarded a helicopter at the start a trip to Alabama, McClellan, who has parried especially fiercely with reporters on Iraq and on intelligence issues, told Bush: "I have given it my all sir and I have given you my all sir, and I will continue to do so as we transition to a new press secretary."

Bush said McClellan had "a challenging assignment."

"I thought he handled his assignment with class, integrity," the president said. "It's going to be hard to replace Scott, but nevertheless he made the decision and I accepted it. One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking in chairs in Texas and talking about the good old days."
White House announcement.The buzz is that Tony Snow is in the running.

One of the people the White House has approached as a possible replacement for McClellan is FOX News Radio host Tony Snow. The White House discussed the possibility with Snow as recently as this week.
Snow, who hosts "The Tony Snow Show," once served as a speechwriter for President George H.W. Bush.

No comments: