Saturday, March 11, 2006

Blow job from a minor doesn't make you a sex offender...

"On Wednesday, the California Supreme Court voted 6 to 1 to not force those convicted of having oral sex with underage kids to register as sex offenders with the state. The majority judges said that the law was "too harsh and unfair."

This is one of those Stop The ACLU email updates that assures I won't miss a frickin thing, and my first reaction was, and I quote me, "WHAT?"

Those California freaks are letting child molesters off the hook simply because all they did was talk a kid into a blow job and not intercourse?

Then I stopped back to think on it for a second. Statutory rape, too? The gal who looks 25 and is a month shy of her 16th or 17th birthday, depending upon the state law?

That, my friends, is a tough one. When I was in the service, the first thing I'd ask a perspective date was a drivers license, and I shit you not. Because A.) Being in a different part of the country and/or part of the world meant I was associating with females that dressed, walked, talked, and acted differently from those I grew up with. I could be fooled and it was wrong to "be with" a kid. Plain as the nose on your face. And B.) Being in the military meant double jeopardy. The local authorities would have their way with you, then the Marines took over for another pound of flesh.

But know what? I saw guys do their best to verify the age of one young thang or another, only to find out that, like the bartender, they were in deep shit because she was using a fake ID.

Do it, and it's rape. Get caught having sex with a minor, and if you're in the military you are going to jail. One way or the other. Doesn't matter that you tried to discover her age, or you were genuinely repentent afterwards.

So if this is what's behind the thinking of the Kalifornia Supreme Court, I'm not going to outright condemn them as being dirty scumbag sons of bitches who should die from slow stomach cancer. Making one mistake, one statutory mistake, does not make a man or woman a sex offender.

We ALWAYS must remain alert for those who would go overboard in ANY situation, and just remember this; there are plenty of communities that want to make the act of urination in public a sex-offender crime. So rather than getting a summons for being a pig without manners, the staggering drunk is now a sex fiend. Get caught mooning your friends? Sex friend. The old trunks slide down to your knees after a high dive? Sex fiend.

Did you really think that the nanny's would stop at the border of common sense? How silly of you. Crucify the real offenders, but let's stop this puritanical bullshit dead in it's tracks.

And, I am linking to the Stop The ACLU even though I was thoroughly disgusted with the religious rant they featured to introduce this story. Stop already with the "laws of God" bullshit, okay. Or break down what God, and what laws you are talking about. Lots of God's, lots of laws, and making believe the human race has only one of each is a bias I won't do here.

I've enough other bias's. Ignoring 2/3 of the world because they don't happen to worship the same invisible king of the clouds as I, is not one of them so spare me your Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' attitude. The story was about the law, not the bible. And don't EVEN get me started on the age of consent in the Old Testament, or how many virgins Jehovah wanted as part of HIS tribute after the defeat of an enemy.

No comments: