Sunday, April 02, 2006

Homemade Cheapy

Got tired of ordering one cheapie range holster after another that simply didn't fit the G-27, so I made my own.

Cut and stiched several badly designed rigs into one and used industrial strength velco, so now the gun fits the bloody holster.

So very many nylon holsters are made to fit the Glock-23 as well as the 27, and that extra inch or so of length makes it a pain to carry. Order a G-27 specific rig and 9 times out of 10 it'll be too big, and what's the point of carrying a baby Glock if you must use a mid-size holster.

Beats me. Funny thing about it, this abomination is more comfortable than some $60 leathers I've tried, and holds the gun as secure.

You see, most ranges and gun shops around here don't want you walking in with a loaded gun, and there are signs up the ying yang. They are not for those with a concealed carry license, just the mopes that prance in pointing a locked and loaded pistol and asking tons of stupid questions. But I've had it with presenting my permit each and every time I walk through the bloody door and had someone with a decent level of expertise "makes-me" because I was dumb enough to be wearing an overly bulky holster. Hey, on the rare occasions I carry a cell phone, some dirtbucket with an expiration date on his birth certificate has quizzed me, and I do not like such goings on.

Now okay, I'll be the first one to admit that I should be more gentle with pimply-faced jerkwads a third my age who try to stand up on their toes and act all manly because they believe that the counter being in the way affords them some semblance of protection. But if I hear "If you're packin, dude I'm callin the cops, so why can't you read...you can't carry in here without a license..." one more time, there'll be tons of missing person reports for the locals to fill out and I'm not the kind of guy that likes creating work for others.

So I needed smaller holster, smaller holsters were hard to come by, so I made one out of a bunch of rejects. Now when it's obvious to them that I'm NOT packing...even though of course I am...they get down to the business of just being retards and not soon-to-be-MIA's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job for homemade!

I'm a Glock 19 man myself... When I'm not a Calico M-100 man or a Tec-9 man that is.

Fits said...

I really like plinking with the 19 Woody, but having been shot by one I wasn't impressed by it's stopping power. I'm funny that way. Men are just too big nowadays for the 9mm, and shot placement goes straight out the window when shit hits the fan.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by dude, and great work at your blog as always.

Anonymous said...

Oh c'mon! You can't drop a word grenade like "having been shot by one" without giving some more detail... How did you get shot? Who shot you?