Monday, April 10, 2006

Keep On Bussin'

So okay, I'm driving my bus today and doing just fine, thank you. The sun was shining, the temp was in the upper 70's, the roads seemed wide and the bus seemed small. But they won't let me take on any more passengers until I get my license. They're all afraid someone will complain about some silly ass thing and the suits will be in trouble because I'm only on a permit.

Last Friday I was smokin'. Had several busloads packed to the gills, I'm talking 60 or more people crammed in like sardines. And when they DON'T move to the back to make room, room is made for them. Gentle like, because you all know I don't hassle ladies, but...firm. Hardly any of them started crying or anything, and most got off with a "THANK YOU, SIR."

But let a few dozen malcontents start making phone calls and they screw it up for the rest, so I've got to await my formal license before learning more about passenger stuff. And another stupid thing; those rickety old wheelchair lifts take all day to raise and/or lower some poor slob, and they say I shouldn't just pick them on up in the two good arms the Lord gave me. Oh no, gotta wait for the wheezing old machinery to do what any man worthy of the title could do in a snap.

I keep telling myself that it's all for a good cause.

No comments: