Monday, April 10, 2006

I stopped checking Site Meter, on a regular basis at least, a long time ago. One day I'd be averaging 80 or so visits a day, get close to a hundred that day, and the next day Site Meter would show a drop in the average.

Bogus. Sometimes it's fun to have a look-see on where folks are calling from, but pretty much I'll take a quick peek every Monday or so and leave it at that.

So it's Monday, and all of a sudden I'm getting hundreds of hits. Hmm. This sort of pisses me off because if one of my old cronies linked to me and didn't warn me in advance...you know...sort of like tidying the place before company arrives...I'd be loading some 00 buck.

But the hits are coming from Real Clear Politics, and I haven't a clue why. I guess I could expend the time and effort to figure it out, but I really don't care enough. Not that I am unappreciative, that isn't the case at all, just that I do things because I wanna, when I wanna, and for reasons even I don't understand.

Anyways, let's not say I'm ungentlemanly, so thank you Real Clear.

Sounds like an acne medicine, though.

UPDATE

I was going to take a nap, but nooooooooooo, I just had to go see what RCP was saying about me, and lo and behold it was a comment made back on January 25. Thomas of the Knicks got in that crossfire over...oh hell, it was a tidbit and hardly worthy of any to-do at all. If you click into RCP and scroll down to "Nest Unrest", there's little old nobody Shooting The Messenger and the link to the tale.

5 comments:

Lemuel Calhoon said...

Something like that happened to me a while back. I posted something about Brokeback Mt. and it got mentioned on a gay blog. The readers were instructed to troll me.

Anonymous said...

Holy hell, Lem

I couldn't find it, but congrats anyways.

Fits said...

Oh you silly boy. Brokeback Mt, huh?

Troll'd by gays is kinda a badge of honor though.

Anonymous said...

Terps Boy had a movie poster called Brokeback Mountain II: Fur Traders.

It was about lesbians.

Fits said...

OUCH. LMAO.