Monday, May 07, 2007

The Shooters Friend


Tried one some time ago...hey, when you hit my age last week could be last year but this WAS fairly recent, I think...

And the thing was simply the best recoil pad I've ever tried. Came close to making a 3" 12-gauge maxi-load danged close to one of those popgun shells the Cowboy Action dudes run around with and believe they're actually practicing real-world stuff. Although, I guess if you DO happen to abide in an area that features doves as the most dangerous predators...

The pad can be found at Cabela's online, and new friend Nat tells me that one of our local gunshops carries them so yours might too. Yes, it CAN make the reach-around a bit awkward if you're banging away with a longarm that is borderline too longarmish, but the thing really works.

No comments: